A Message From Brian Hutchison, Operations Director For G1 Group
Life as we know it has changed considerably over the last few months, with everyone from all walks of life being impacted by COVID-19. We have been working to use our time as productively as possible, to ensure that we can welcome you back to a safe and comfortable environment, with even more enhanced safety and cleaning protocols in place than before.
With Government advice changing regularly, The Scotsman Hotel and its parent company remain committed to not only operating within the realms of Government issued advice, but also our own policies which far exceed official guidance. We are people first, hoteliers second, and the wellbeing of our guests and our team members are our number one priority today and every day.
Latest Government regulations require the wearing of a face covering at all times when moving around the building. The only times where face covering will not be required are while sitting down eating and drinking or in your guest bedroom.
We have also been also looking at what our visitors will want from us as we move forward, and whilst you can absolutely expect the same warm welcome as below, here are some of the enhanced healthy & safety measures which we have implemented:
- We have invested heavily in the very latest Electrostatic Cleaning Equipment, which combines a specialised solution with air and is then atomized to produce positively charged particles to coat and completely disinfect the surfaces on which its used, creating a clinical grade level of sanitation. As well as being used in our bedrooms, this equipment is also used throughout the hotel in communal areas including reception and our Hide Bar
- All employees have undertaken tailor made training which cover new cleaning protocols and a variety of best practice methods. Staff are also temperature checked at the beginning of each shift, and have full PPE which will be worn in line with the appropriateness for their role.
- Social distancing will be observed in all areas of the hotel, with traffic management systems in place and a variety of signage around the hotel to ensure your journey as a customer is as smooth as possible.
- You may be encouraged to use the stairs and not the lift unless you are hauling some sizable luggage (we’ve all been there!)
- There are a variety of sanitising stations located throughout the hotel for your comfort and wellbeing.
- In order to provide the safest environment possible for our guests, our signature breakfast buffet will be plated by our in-house chefs as opposed to operating on a help yourself basis
- Whilst our Grand Café restaurant & bar remain closed for the moment, we are pleased to offer our Hide Bar to our guests daily from 12pm, where you will also find a selection of food & drink available. The full hide bar food menu is also available for room service from 12pm-10pm